Snoring Treatment Options
Snoring is a condition that affects 45% of normal adults and can be a signal that something is wrong with your breathing during sleep.
Snoring is not only bothersome to others but can indicate a more serious health condition. Northwest ENT can help. We offer non-surgical as well as surgical treatment options for snoring at our five Atlanta area locations — Buckhead, Marietta, Woodstock, Canton, and Cartersville.
Causes of Snoring
Snoring can be a sign of something serious like sleep apnea or it can be caused by a number of other factors, such as anatomy, weight, or alcohol use.
Common causes of snoring:
- Sleep apnea
- Nasal congestion due to allergies or illness
- Enlarged tonsils or adenoids
- Deformities of the nose
- Long soft palate and uvula
- Poor muscle tone
- Alcohol or sleeping pills
Non-surgical Treatment Options for Snoring
In-office treatment options are performed under local anesthesia and include radiofrequency soft palate treatment and injection snoreplasty.
- Radiofrequency Soft Palate Treatment -- a procedure that uses plasma energy to stiffen portions of the soft palate.
- Injection Snoreplasty -- a procedure that involves injecting a “hardening agent” into the soft palate to reduce snoring.
Surgical Treatment Options for Snoring
Sometimes a surgical procedure is needed to remedy snoring issues, including tonsillectomy, adenoidectomy and/or general nasal surgery. Surgical treatments are outpatient procedures, performed in an operating room under general anesthesia.
- Tonsillectomy/adenoidectomy -- removal of the tonsils and/or adenoids.
For more information, visit our Tonsils & Adenoids page.
- Nasal Surgery -- includes septoplasty and polyp removal